Frequently Asked Questions
What is your return policy?
If you don't like your items or they don't fit, you can submit your return within 14 days of the date the items arrive to your home.
- We do not refund shipping.
- Refunds are always issued as store credit.
- It can take up to 7 business days to issue your store credit once your return is received.
- Products must be returned only if they're in the original condition, unworn, unwashed, and with the tags still attached.
What isn't eligible for return?
These are some items we don't take back:
- Anything worn, altered, washed, heavily scented with smoke/ fragrance, or missing its original packaging/tags.
- Shoes that have clearly been worn and/or scuffed.
- Intimates, swimwear, socks, hats, sunglasses, fragrance/beauty items, earrings, or sample sale items
Return Shipping Costs?
We aren't responsible for return shipping and do not provide a return label unless its a major oopise on our end. Return shipping is up to you.
If you didn't pick up your item from a UPS access point (or similar) or input the wrong address and it gets sent back to us, you are responsible for reshipment costs.
If you didn't pay your duties at customs and the item gets sent back to us, you will have to cover the shipping if you want to reship the item.
Can I exchange something for something else?
Sorry, no! But, you can just return it in the original condition will all the tags and we'll give you store credit. Then, you can buy it again in a different size or color (or something different!)
How do I start a return?
Send us an email with your name and order number and we can let you know if your item is eligible for a return!
Send your returns to 1204 San Julian St. Los Angeles, CA 90015.
(We do not accept shipments on weekends)
I got my order and something is wrong!
That shouldn’t happen, but we might have messed up! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 days of receipt and we'll get you set up to get the right item. If the item is incorrect or damaged, we will need a photo of that item when you contact us. We generally wait for the incorrect item to make it back to us before dispatch another shipment.
Shipping + Orders
Where is my package shipping from?
All orders are shipped from us in Los Angeles, California. You will be notified via email when your order has shipped. Tracking information will be provided in that email.
Where is my package?
- Please allow up to 7 business days for processing and shipping. We are super small team and everything is packed by hand by us. Holidays and Major Sales/Launches also may cause a small processing delay. Remember, we are a small business! We work around the clock to get out everything as timely as possible.
- You will be notified via email when your order has shipped. Tracking information will be provided in that email!
- We are not responsible for delays or lost packages. Once the packages leaves out warehouse it is out of our hands, and we are at the mercy of the post office.
If your item was returned to sender (possibly due to the incorrect address being input) then you will be responsible for reshipment costs.
How do I use store credit?
If you’ve been issued credit the store credit/gift card will have been emailed to you! If you cannot find the email, please reach out to us and we will re send the information.
How to use discount codes?
When you get to checkout, there will be an option to add it at the end. Some promotions and codes cannot be combined.
I want to cancel my order.
We are unable to cancel orders once they are processed. We maybe able to swap out a size - MAYBE. Email us asap at email@example.com and we will try to catch it.
My order is taking too long.
We are sorry you think so! Orders are processed Monday - Friday, excluding federal holidays.
Check your confirmation email or order update email for your tracking number. Times are wild right now and shipping has been a massive issue throughout the US.
Due to a high order volume and having to take extra safety measures with our small business, your package may take a little longer to ship. Once your label has been created, it leaves our warehouse within 24-48 hours.
My package says a Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item. Why hasn't it been shipped yet?
USPS picks up our packages DAILY, so your package has left our warehouse. USPS is far behind on packages and thousands and thousands are sitting in the distribution center waiting to be scanned.
We are unfortunately unable to file a claim when it hasn't been scanned and after spending days talking to USPS and different postmasters, we just are told to wait.
So, your package has left our warehouse, but it is stuck at USPS. It is out of our hands, but know that we are doing everything we possibly can to get these out/bug USPS, ASAP.
My package is late...where is it?
We know as much as you do! What you see on tracking is what we see. They aren't lost, just delayed. Some packages aren't getting updates and just arrive at their destination weeks later. We can't do anything about this and thank you for your patience.
My item says delivered, but I don't see it?
Haven't received your package yet? Be sure to check your surrounding area and your front desk, if you have one! If you still haven't received it, please, let us know and we will do our best to locate it. Remember, we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages, but we will do what we can to find it or file a claim for it. If you know your area is targeted by porch pirtates, please have your package shipped to a safe location.
Are your items ethically made/Where are your items from?
My Violet Originals are made in Los Angeles, CA, USA, in our privately owned boutique factory in Istanbul, Turkey, and from our partnered manufacturers in China.
So, while we do have items and/or fabric that we have made and/or sourced from overseas, we choose factories that pay their workers a living wage and have amazing work conditions. We have a very close relationship with our manufacturers.
There are items on the site that are not My Violet Originals that we hand pick from different wholesale companies/small businesses/artists that we trust and have worked with for a while.
How do I contact you?
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship to many countries! However due to Brexit, we are not currently shipping to the UK at this time.
- Buyers are responsible for local duties, taxes, and advancement fees at delivery in countries where applicable.
- International buyers are responsible for all VAT/customs fees.
- Under NO circumstance will a shipment be marked as a gift or reduced value. PLEASE put your phone number on your order if you are an international customer. We try to make sure all orders have phone numbers, but if it gets missed, there is a possibility it will be returned to us and you will be responsible for the re-shipping costs.
I got my international order, but theres a fee...why?
Every country has its own taxes and customs fees that vary by type of product and order value Americans pay taxes at the time of order, but every country has its own taxes and fees that vary by the product/order price.
International customers of My Violet don't pay taxes when you make your purchase, so your customs determines that around time of delivery.
If you are unsure how much more that will be, we advise you to look in to your country's duties information so you don't have a surprise when your package arrives.
I'm in the UK, can I place an order?
At this time, we are not currently offering "normal orders" to the UK.
However, if you want to place a special order, please email us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org with "UK order request" or similar as the subject.
We may be able to place a special DDU order shipped exclusively with DHL; providing that we have all correct information needed, including your telephone number for tracking purposes. The order will have to be over 135GBP since we are not registered for tax colleciton in the UK.